“Gratitude for Life’s Gift of Abundance”
I created this ‘shadow box’ during a time when I needed to find the next step on my career path as well as increase my income. I wanted to be sure that I not only increased my income but also was able to do work in which I made a meaningful contribution. Over the next two years, I began working as an executive coach in the corporate world and my income tripled. I continue working with this intention to this day. Whenever I receive a check in the mail or someone with whom I want to work gives me his or her business card, I place these on top of the ‘shadow box’ before depositing the money in the bank or making that client phone call.
STEP ONE: CLARIFY AND SET YOUR INTENTION:
Through a collaborative dialogue with your coach, you will bring yourself to the most positive emotion you can muster regarding your vision for your life. It is important to recognize that if you come from scarcity or resistance, the abundance can’t break through. Taking a positive approach will clear the way for clarifying and setting your intention as well as motivate you to overcome obstacles. Setting an intention means to have in mind a purpose or a plan, to clarify your inner calling, to direct the mind towards your heart’s desire. With clear intention, all the forces of the universe can align to make the most impossible, possible.
STEP TWO: VISUALIZE WHAT YOU WANT TO MANIFEST:
Envision yourself doing, being or having that which you have imagined. Be as specific as possible in your visualization and act as if it is already an accomplished fact. This process involves thinking, feeling, hearing and seeing your inner calling exactly as you wish it to be.
STEP THREE: PLANT THE SEEDS OF YOUR INTENTION BY CREATING A MAGICAL ‘SHADOW BOX’
as a way of demonstrating your commitment to manifesting your goal, dream or vision.
1. Write your intention/goal/vision/plan/purpose on a golden piece of Chinese rice paper.
2. Choose from Arina’s lush supply of materials which might signify for you: freedom; transformation; generosity of spirit; surrender; risk taking; shedding old identities and beliefs; drawing abundance and so on.
• Butterfly wings
• Small ceramic birds or another animal charm
• A small Buddha, Quan Yin, Mary or some representation of a mentor or teacher
• Tiny sculpted porcelain hands
• A snake skin
• Choose from beautiful beads; feathers; lace; handmade papers; stamps; tree sticks; colorful fabrics; waxed linen strings and golden threads for wrapping; flowers; herbs; seeds; crystals; semi- precious stones; poems; prayers; Mexican Milagros, which are amulets for drawing miracles; small woven circle baskets for holding coins and shells. You will be encouraged to add any of your own treasured objects to your ‘shadow box’.
3. Create a collage of your chosen objects into your own ‘shadow box representation’ of your intention and place it inside a shadow box frame. You can set it on your desk or mount it on your wall. This process of creating artwork gives you a concrete way to think about, visualize and achieve what you want from life.
4. Chart your path forward and define the practical ‘little steps’ you will take in the service of your intention. In other words, three specific actions you will need to take in the next month towards reaching your goal. In the next three months. In the next six months.
(Click here for examples of Shadow Box Art)